Smitten. Allured. Desired

I've got no attitude, I'm just DAMN GOOD! I am a DANCER.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Guess Wad.
My wisdom tooth's acting up again.

To begin with, I have 4 of them. Top 2, Bottom 2.

My right bottom wisdom tooth was kind of infected and it caused the gum around it to swell. And then, if I were to close my mouth fully like saying the word "fish" ending with jaws closed, it'll hurt. This is because, the top tooth is so called biting on the bottom one, pressuring the already swollen gum. So simply put--I cannot close my mouth.

So today, I went to the usual dentist but saw a different doctor this time as it was rather last minute. This other doctor was so fierce lor! The way he pry open my mouth was so rough, like totally think I got no feeling. He told me I must extract it.

And he wants to extract BOTH TOP AND BOTTOM RIGHT WISDOM TOOTH OUT. AT ONE GO.

Then he went on to say that after that side is done, he will proceed with the left top and bottom!! I almost freaked out. He said I could have 5 days MC for that minor (but damn scary) surgery. And the 5 day MC thing is not the least enticing.

I am freaking scared lah! Actually I think nothing grave will happen if I don't extract it. The doctor just said that if I didn't go ahead with it, I would get this kind of on-off swell and pain. Right side, left side....like once in every 6 months or 1 year. Based on my record, the last time I felt this wisdom tooth pain was 1 year ago.

Oh well, seriously I don't mind going through this kind of pain if it is once in a year...compared to having the surgery. Haiz...I really cannot bring myself to go through it although he said it could be done in 1 hour and I will be on anesthetic..and what not.

But he's so fierce leh!! He was like insistent that I MUST get all the tooths extracted and must go back and see him. argh......I know he means well lah, but....still.....

Anyway, for some general knowledge...I went to google some info on wisdom tooth and here goes (in case you also have such problems):


Conditions when your wisdom tooth needs to be removed:


The wisdom tooth has partially grown into the mouth and then gets stuck (impacted) because of lack of space in the jaws.----->yes that's me.
The gums around the wisdom tooth gets infected (pericoronitis)--->yes that's why I'm having pain and I cannot close my mouth.
The wisdom tooth has decay.----->not at the moment.



The wisdom tooth affects adjacent teeth e.g. accumulation of food debris between the impacted wisdom tooth and the tooth in front of it leads to tooth decay. The decay can often go undetected as in the early stages there may be no pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home